Heart Health Check
Boone Hospital Center’s Heart Health Check program is designed to catch potential cardiovascular issues before they become a problem.
Consider a Heart Health Check if you answer “yes” to any or all of these statements.
- I have high blood pressure or cholesterol, even if it is being medically managed.
- I have a family history of heart disease.
- I have Type 2 diabetes.
- I am a smoker or have a history of smoking.
- I am overweight.
What is a Heart Health Check?
The Boone Health Heart Health Check includes:
- Laboratory analysis to evaluate cholesterol and risk for developing diabetes which includes a full lipid panel and A1C.
- A cardiac calcium score screening uses computed tomography (CT) to check for calcium deposits in the walls of your heart’s arteries. These deposits may indicate early development of heart disease.
- An Advanced Body Composition® Assessment; a quick, low dose x-ray exam that measures fat versus lean mass in the body. It may help your health professional assess what is needed to maintain or improve your ratio which can minimize your overall cardiac risk.
How does it work?
- To schedule your Heart Health Check, call 573.815.8150.
- Your appointment should take less than one hour.
- Your appointment will be located at the Boone Hospital Nifong Medical Plaza at 900 W. Nifong, Columbia, MO.
- You do not need a physician referral for an appointment, but you will need to designate a primary care provider to receive your results. If you do not have a primary care provider, call 573.815.6400.
- Insurance is not needed for a Heart Health Check.
- At your appointment, you will be charged $200. This price includes all of the services mentioned above.
- Your results will be sent to a Boone Hospital Center clinician. The clinician will call you to review your results and offer follow-up suggestions. Results will also be sent to your primary care provider.