A Reason to Smile: Our New Mask Policy
Starting Tuesday, April 4, 2023, masks will be optional for patients, visitors, and employees in Boone Health facilities unless requested by patients or required for infection prevention.
Patients can ask Boone Health staff to wear masks during their visit. Our employees will continue to follow appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements for your care needs.
Masks are still required if you:
- Have symptoms of respiratory illness
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Have had a recent exposure to a person with a respiratory illness
- Are visiting a patient who has a respiratory illness
- Are an employee who is not fully vaccinated per Boone Health policy
With Boone County’s COVID-19 community transmission levels going down, Boone Health has met CDC requirements to end universal masking, We thank you all for your help in keeping our patients, employees, and community safe.