The Emergency Department at Boone Health provides award-winning, around-the-clock emergency medical care.
About our Emergency Department
Our department is located on the east side of Boone Hospital Center, with a separate entrance on S. Ann Street.
Our recently expanded and remodeled Emergency Department now has 16 patient rooms and a larger triage area. For your comfort, we also doubled the size of our waiting room.
Serving more than 32,000 people each year, our emergency team is dedicated to providing outstanding, individualized care to everyone who comes through our door.
Our dedication to providing outstanding patient care has been honored with the Four Star Excellence Award, provided by national research organization PRC.
Our success comes from having a team of experienced, educated health care providers who understand how to care for emergency patients.
- Physicians: Our Emergency Department is staffed by the experienced clinicians of Team Health.
- Caregivers: Boone Hospital Center nurses and techs are trained and certified in emergency medicine.
- Social workers: Unique to mid-Missouri, our staff includes a team of social workers who can help patients connect with community services.
- Support Staff: Our friendly support staff is here to answer your questions and help get you seen as quickly as possible.
- When you arrive at the Emergency Department, check in at the front desk.
- As soon as possible, a triage nurse will examine you.
- Cases are prioritized based on severity, when it’s your turn, you will be called back to see the doctor.
- The doctor will either treat the injury and release you from the hospital, or admit you for further treatment or observation.
If you need an ambulance, call 911.
Boone Hospital Center’s ambulance teams work in collaboration with other ambulance districts across mid-Missouri to treat patients on-site and transport patients to the most appropriate facility for care.
Boone Hospital Resources
- WiFi: Use our free “Guest” network to surf while you wait.
- Food: Vending machines are available inside the Emergency Department. While patients are asked to stay in the waiting area, others may walk to our cafeteria (2nd floor, central tower) and café (1st floor, main lobby). View hours and menus: boone.org/cafeteria
- Spiritual Care: A chaplaincy service is available, 573-815-3888.
- Security: Please report any dangerous or suspicious behavior, 573-815-3385.
- Customer Relations: How was our service? Let us know, 573-815-6047.